Technology Futures Analyst – Prepare for the Future
Are you concerned about these issues?
Advisor for Technology Initiatives and Services
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- knowing what technologies and trends are going to be important, and when
- making sure you won’t miss out on important developments
- making technology work as planned
- taking risks on unproven technologies
- preparing your staff to see and evaluate emerging options
Part of my job is to “look over the horizon” at new trends and technologies. I can help you evaluate how these developments can actually be positive − giving you opportunities and choices − rather than negative and disruptive.
Steps you can take:
- Identify the specific emerging trends and technologies that are likely to impact your operations.
- Educate your staff to be savvy about the typical patterns of technology adoption.
- Assign “scouting teams” the responsibility to track “technologies of interest” and provide regular updates on their status, application and maturity.
- Run brainstorming sessions to create scenarios of how future developments could impact you, positively and negatively.